Water Treatment Plant
About the System
|About Treatment Plant
- The City takes its water from the Missouri River.
- The water treatment plant has a staff of 12.
- The current treatment capacity of the water treatment plant is 30 million gallons per day (MGD).
- Average daily production for 2011 was 8.27 MGD.
- Maximum daily production in 2011 was 16.79 MGD.
The City also supplies water to the South Central Regional Water District and the City of Lincoln which use an average of approximately 0.3 MGD and 0.2 MGD, respectively.
The water distribution system is an elaborate network of approximately 320 miles of water pipe ranging in diameter from 3 inches to 42 inches, incorporating 2900 hydrants, 5900 valves and five pump stations. Five underground reservoirs and 3 elevated tanks provide approximately 22 million gallons of water storage.