Division Services & Information
W.L. Jackson Bird
City Forester, ISA Certified Arborist
601 S. 26th St.
Ph: (701) 355-1733
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The mission of the Bismarck Forestry Division is to manage and improve the health of the urban forest while enhancing the quality of life for our growing community.
Our Division is responsible for:
- Landscaping information
- Planting, pruning, and removal of trees
- Insects, diseases, and abiotic damage information
- Urban forestry information
- Community resources and programs
Tree planting season is in full swing! Homeowner's who desire to have a boulevard tree must request a planting permit by contacting the Forestry Division or by filling out an online form. In order to plant on the boulevard and participate in the Partners in Planting reimbursement program a permit to plant trees on the public right-of-way is required.
Arbor Day: A Success!!! This year the City of Bismarck celebrated Arbor Day with the 3rd and 5th Grade classes at Dorothy Moses Elementary School. This year, we honored Greg Morgenson for his dedication and passion to producing and marketing tree and shrub species that are climatically adapted for the northern regions. Click here to view the photo collage from this year's Arbor Day. More information...
- NEW!! Online maps are now available! Click on the following links to view the online maps. These maps offer information regarding the tree's location in Bismarck, when the tree was dedicated, and to whom it was dedicated. Interested in honoring a loved one with a tree planting? Click here for more information.
- Memorial & Dedication Map
Invasive Tree Pest Awareness
- Is your firewood harboring a killer? Forest pests can hitchhike on your firewood! Don't bring Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) into North Dakota! We are asking the public not to move firewood in or out of Bismarck as this increases the risk of spreading harmful pests and diseases of trees.