Partners in Planting Program
The Partners In Planting Program offers:
- Annual maximum of $500.00 per property.
- 50% reimbursement for the cost of street trees and planting.
- Maximum reimbursement of $60.00 per tree.
- Contact the Forestry Division to request a Permit to Plant Trees on Public Street Right-of-Way.
- A forester will conduct an on-site inspection to determine where the trees can be planted, recommend species that are best suited for each site and issue a permit.
Note: In most cases it is not necessary for the homeowner to be present.
- After receipt of the Permit to Plant Trees on Public Street Right-of-Way, you can purchase the trees and plant them as indicated on the permit.
- To apply for reimbursement through the Partners in Planting Program, submit the following paperwork to the Bismarck Forestry Division no later than December 15th of the same year the trees are planted. Note: Reimbursement is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A copy of the receipt that shows the kinds of trees purchased, the cost for each tree and the name of the company from which they were purchased.
- The white copy of your Permit to Plant Trees on Public Street Right-of-Way.
- After the paperwork is received in the Forestry Division office, a forester will inspect the planting for compliance.
- Your paperwork will be processed and you will receive the reimbursement check in the mail in about 4 - 6 weeks.