Dandelions are not a noxious weed. The Environmental Health Division does not require residents to spray for dandelions.
- It is the duty of every property owner to cut, eradicate or control any weeds to prevent their spread or tall grass if they exceed eight (8) inches in height.
- All property (including vacant lots) shall be mowed by June 1, mowed again by July 15 and, if necessary mowed again by September 1.
- The official notice to property owners to cut tall grass and weeds is published in the official newspaper of the city within three days of May1, May 15, July1 and July 15.
- Further notice to cut tall grass and weeds need not be given.
- Property that is not mowed by the required dates may be mowed by a city contractor and the total cost for service, plus an administrative fee of $40/parcel will be billed to the property owner.
Complaint for tall grass and noxious weed control,
Any questions please contact: John Arlien Weed Control Officer and Anton Sattler Administrator, Environmental Health Division or by calling (701) 355-1400.