W.L. Jackson Bird
City Forester, ISA Certified Arborist
601 S. 26th St.
Ph: (701) 355-1733
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The mission of the Bismarck Forestry Division is to manage and improve the health of the urban forest while enhancing the quality of life for our growing community.
Our Division is responsible for:
- Landscaping information
- Planting, pruning, and removal of trees
- Insects, diseases, and abiotic damage information
- Urban forestry information
- Community resources and programs
- Partners in Planting Funds are still available for the season. The December 15th deadline is quickly approaching. More information...
- NEW!! Online maps are now available! Click on the following links to view the online maps. These maps offer information regarding the tree's location in Bismarck, when the tree was dedicated, and to whom it was dedicated. Interested in honoring a loved one with a tree planting? Click here for more information.
Mark your calendar! The North Dakota Urban and Community Forestry Association (NDUCFA) is having its annual conference and trade show in Fargo, ND. Conference dates are January 25 - 28, 2015. This conference will feature vendors and speakers from across the upper Midwest. Additionally, the North Dakota Nursery and Greenhouse Association will be holding their conference and trade show at the same time. Registration with either organization will allow for attending speaker sessions with each group. An additional program, Electrical Hazard Awareness Training (EHAT) will be at the tail end of the conferece at an extra fee. Visit the NDUCFA website for more information and to register for this great conference!
An ISA Certified Arborist Exam is coming up on January 25, 2015. The exam will be held at the Ramada Plaza Suites & Conference Center in Fargo, ND. Exam registration begins at 12:30 pm. Interested applicants need to register at the International Society of Arboriculture website. NOTE: registration deadline is January 8, 2015.
- Beautification Award nominations are wanted for next year's Arbor Day. Beautification Awards are presented to businesses and organizations for going above and beyond what is required by the Landscaping and Screening Ordinance to enhance and improve the image of their commercial properties in Bismarck. Click here to make your nomination!